If you have questions that are not answered below, please feel free to call the center at 205-348-5040.


Something happened to me on campus, but I am not a student. What can I do?

Call us at 205-348-5040, or if it’s after hours or a weekend, call UAPD at 205-348-5454 and an advocate will discuss safety, options and other resources available to those visiting campus.

Does the WGRC see men?

The WGRC provides services to people of all gender identities.

If I experienced dating violence or a sexual assault in the past, can I still get help?

Yes. The WGRC provides services to members of the UA community and students of Shelton State Community College regardless of when or where the victimization occurred.

What if I was abused as a child, can I get help at the WGRC?

Yes. The WGRC provides services to UA students, faculty and staff, and Shelton State students who were abused as children. We also provide services to those who witnessed domestic violence as children.

How long can I receive services at the WGRC?

You are eligible for services as long as you are a member of the UA community. There is no limit to the number of session provided, and should you relocate due to graduating or transferring, the WGRC can assist with locating resources in the area to which you are moving.


Visiting or Contacting the WGRC

Where is the WGRC located? How can I get there if I don’t have a car?

The Women and Gender Resource Center is located at 1101 Jackson Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL. The building is adjacent to East Edge Apartments and near UAPD and the Law School. The WGRC entrance is at the back of the building. If you drive, the secretary will offer you a parking pass when you arrive.

If you would like to take the crimson ride to the center, the East Edge shuttle is the closest stop, followed by the Crimson and Crimson Express routes which both drop off at the law school (Bryant and 2nd Ave).

How can I get in touch with the WGRC after hours or on holidays or weekends?

The WGRC can be reached after hours and on weekends and holidays by calling UAPD at 205-348-5454 and asking to speak with the WGRC on call advocate. The dispatcher may ask for your name or CWID, but you can request to speak with us anonymously if you prefer.

What is the cost for receiving services at the WGRC?

All services provided at the WGRC are free and confidential, except under certain circumstances which an advocate will explain on your first visit.